Wednesday, October 21, 2009

One day

Was it ever hot today, after weeks of cool weather we hit 33C, the average seemed to hover around 30, a shock to the system when most days have been around 20C.

I'm currently working on the last two stitchery blocks in my Winter Wonderland Quilt from Crabapple Hill. The second one down on the left, the family one. The last one which I haven't even finished tracing yet, which is HUGE is that one at the top, to be honest I'm dreading it.

I'd almost forgotten how pleasant stitcheries can actually be, time consuming, but a nice smooth rhythm. A lot like knitting garter or stocking stitch, while you do need to look more than when you knit, it's pretty thoughtless and the needle slips through so easily.
The batik backing has been washed but isn't photographed, that's coming soon.
So I failed miserably with the Procrastinator's Party. In fact I didn't do a single thing, however I must get it done before Halloween since we have some kids coming around for a party. It might even be good to try to get the shelves into the sunroom before this wkd, as I think I can rope my FIL into anchoring them, as long as his wrist will hold up.
One day left until my giveaway.

5 comments:

  1. A customer of mine made this quilt. I just loved it and had fun quilting it too. I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this pattern, but I haven't started it. I do have one block of the Halloween stitchery done (from the same company) and it's just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this pattern two years ago and purchased the fabric shortly after that and have yet to start it. I think about it all the time and look forward to making it. I plan to do the border different and will be stitching it in blue. In the meantime, I now have the Over the River and Through the Woods pattern and have started collecting fabrics for that one. I just need more time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same pattern! It was a Christmas gift from a friend. I love it because it is red and white quilt. I have three snowman blocks finished and the rest are traced and ready to be stitch.

    I can't wait to finish it! I hope I'll be able to hang it up on our wall for next Christmas (2010)

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pattern - I love the red and white colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, almost all comments are welcome! Spam is not welcome.