Tuesday, October 13, 2009

More WIP's

This tulip runner has been a challenge. I believe the pieces are put together the same way as cathedral windows? A very steep learning curve for me, especially gettiung the points to line up perfectly (almost) with all that extra fabric! But I've enjoyed learning something new.
Some close up's of the turned edges - yes I am going blind from the fold back handstitching.






I dug around in my stash of threads that I picked up from my grandmother's house before it was sold, since I wanted to use silk for the topstitching. I found these lovely old wooden spools with this handspun silk. I've tried to find comparable thread in case I run out, to no avail. YLI is nice but just doesn't have the same smooth sheen.




I love this sweet stitchery, I'm trying out my machine quiting skill on it, the ugly blue lines are my guidelines for the quilting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, almost all comments are welcome! Spam is not welcome.