Friday, April 6, 2012

QAL Blocks 1 & 2

I'm thrilled to say that I've finished Blocks 1 & 2 from the Clover and Violet Garden Steps Quilt Along.

After a fabulous suggestion by Messy Karen to try using greys with gorgeous pink fabrics I had selected as a contender, I was completely unable to see anything other than grey working with the pinks.

After a slow start, with fabric selections and with something about the first block not tweaking me, I was thrilled with the second block design, and then I saw this which completely inspired me, all those french knots gave some lovely texture to the topiaries. So I've just finished the first two blocks, although it looks like I've just missed the deadline. *sigh*


Close ups of the embroidered centres




Oh well. I have a feeling there will some blocks that I LOVE, and some that just leave me a bit meh. Everyone has their own personal style, for me it's all about the little details, so the third block is unfortunately leaving me in the latter state. However... The embroidery design in the post below the third block that was used to demonstrate the tracing methods - I LOVE, so I'm planning to alter it to fit into the square centre.
Bike

I have a busy 2 months ahead of me, so I'll try to push out some work in that time, I have a feeling that while I'll be busy, the blog will be rather quiet!

1 comment:

  1. HI, you left a comment on my blog about the robots, but I have nomway to answer you. Email me if you like, it is on my profile. Cheers
    Jodie
    Ricrac

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, almost all comments are welcome! Spam is not welcome.